Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Her name

We chose Olivia Ray because:

Olivia was stuck in my head from the moment we found out we were expecting
and a few months later while Jon and I were discussing names
he said he really liked the name Olivia. So that was that, or so I thought!


We hit a slight snafoo once we found out for sure we were having a girl and Jon thought he wanted both her names to be family names, so I set out on a mission gathering names from both sides of our families and trying to put something together that we both liked. Even though I really, really wanted Olivia, I was willing to find something else. I certainly didn’t want to make Jon name his child something he’d never be satisfied with!! I believe I ended up with about 25 names.



I put together some beautiful names but none of them felt right and the only thing we could agree on was the middle name, Ray. Ray is a family name and very, very special to us. It was Jon’s grandfather, Elder Lonnie Ray Mozingo’s name. Ever since Jon and I were married, I wanted to use Ray as a middle name and almost named Audrey Audrey Ray but then her initials would have been ARM!!


Anyway after exhausting every family name possible for a first name, we settled on Olivia. I personally think it goes perfect with James and Audrey and I love the way Olivia Ray sounds. If only Pop were alive to meet his little name sake!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear the WHOLE story about the much awaited name! Beautiful. She is certainly named after one that was greatly loved and admired.
    Sweet pictures... Anxiously awaiting more, more, more! nb

    ReplyDelete