Saturday, July 9, 2011

She’s a good girl

My baby girl is 2 1/2 weeks old and just in the last 2 days we’ve seen a difference in her. The skin on her little legs is fattening up and her’s is eating like a little piggy at most feedings. She was 7/8 when she was born, lost down to 7/2 on the day we left and when we went to the ped’s office 3 days after we left the hospital, she had gained back to 7/7.5! So we don’t go back for a check up until her 1 month. I ended up taking her in yesterday though to get her belly button/cord checked out because it had a slight odor to it. (James and Audrey’s cord’s had fallen off by the time we got them home so this is new territory for me.) The nurse said it was a little infected so she put some silver nitrate on it to help it dry completely out. (Guess I over looked making sure it was dry after her baths. Strike 1!)
I got them to weigh her and she’s up to 7 lbs, 14 oz. So, we are obviously doing something right and that is always good to know!! 


About 3 weeks before she was born I started noticing that she hardly moved during the day; not like she had been doing. And that she really got active about 11:00 at night. I knew then that wasn’t a good sign. And I was right. From the day she was born, she had her days and nights mixed up. That first night in the hospital she was wide awake about 3 a.m. just looking around, not making any noise. As long she was being held that is! And for about the first week and a half she’d be wide awake at the most inconvenient times.......after the 2 and 4 o’clock feedings. She never fussed, just sat there looking around. We’ve gotten her on more of a schedule now and last night was the first night in about a week that she’s been wide awake after her 4:30 feeding. Even still, she just layed in her crib for a while making little noises (the sweetest little noises in the world, I might add) and after she’d had her “exercise” for the morning she started to fuss so I rocked her for a few minutes and she fell fast asleep and slept until 9:30 this morning!!



She really is such a good baby. She pretty much fusses only when she’s hungry or real sleepy. She doesn’t seem to like to fall asleep in her swing; she’d rather be rocked and put in her bed or held in a snugly little ball on your chest. I prefer the later, myself, and have been soaking up as much of that as I can because it won’t last for long. Soon she’ll be too big to curl into a ball and real, real soon I’ll have many more things to tend to other than just soaking up that delicious baby smell 24/7.



I didn’t know it was possible to have so much more love to give and at times I feel like my heart will just burst open. My cup surely does runneth over.


1 comment:

  1. For sure, nothing like a mother's love. Amazing how they change so quickly! You can almost see it happening!

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete