Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Of Being Thankful

We are back from Birmingham and the whirl wind trip to Danville for the meeting and even though both trips were simply marvelous, we are 100% tuckered out. Seriously. Yesterday didn’t pan out to well around here, it was just one of those Mondays I guess so today I am on strike. We are taking it easy and leaving a mess behind and I don’t care!!!!  I will leave you with this exchange that took place during a breakfast stop at MacDonald's on our trip home:

James: What did grandaddy get me to drink?
Me: Water.
James: (in his most annoying whiny voice) But I want apple juice, not water!!!!!!
Me: Son, you need to be thankful for what you have.
James: (in his very emphatic voice) I am thankful for the sausage biscuit just not the water.

1 comment:

  1. Hear! Hear! James, I totally understand...some things you just don't feel as thankful for as others. Too cute. And LOVE Bro Sam up to his neck (wonderful place to be) in young'uns.

    ReplyDelete