Thursday, August 4, 2011

It’s that time again

It’s August in Georgia and even though July is a scorcher around here, August is always our hottest month. And I am SO glad I’m not pregnant any more. SO GLAD!!!! I think I’d literally melt if I were. Anyway’s it’s been so stinkin hot here this week the kids haven’t even mentioned going out side and I haven’t suggested it. We’ve got the shades pulled tight, the fans blowing and they are eating their body weight in Popsicles and frozen gogurts while rotting their brains out in front of the boob tube. Of course, it’s all educational shows they are watching. *cough* No Spider man, Superman or Iron man around here!



We are trying to get into some type of routine around here, again, since Jon has gone back to work now (i.e getting the kids to help out more, lots, more around the house). I’m working on a plan and have semi-started it by asking the kids to do something new to help me everyday. They enjoy doing most things I ask of them and as soon as I figure out what they “enjoy” doing and what they need to do that’s not too much for their little minds to handle, we will start with a chore chart and behavior chart where they will get stickers and quarters and a trip to the Dollar Tree. More to come on that.

Any who, I said all that, I guess, to say this: It’s finally paying off to have a couple kids running around!!!






1 comment:

  1. You go mom! How cute is this... Train them early.

    Glad you all are cool inside AND that Ms. Olivia is here so you won't smother. :~)

    ReplyDelete