Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tiny Dancer

Audrey Grace has always been so active I’ve wanted to put her in some type of ballet or gymnastics class for a long time now. But I wanted to wait until she was old enough to really enjoy it and get a lot out of it. And this was the year! She loves to watch Angelina Ballerina and is always doing spins and twirls and stretches so I decided ballet was the way to go. And I think I made the right choice. The day I took her to the little shop here in town to buy her leotard, tights and shoes I thought she was going to burst at the seams with excitement! It was precious and a memory I hope she can remember and one that stays with me forever. To me, and I know I am her mother, she is the most beautiful little ballerina in the world!


Her first day was last Thursday from 3:45 to 4:00 and the studio is within walking distance of the house (not that we will ever walk) so it’s super convenient. There were 17 little 3 and 4 year olds there that day (that is a lot of kiddos people) and Jon and I knew a lot of the parents so that was fun. Audrey knew 2 of the little girls, one of which was a bestie of mine’s little girl. And one of the dance instructor's is a girl that we go to church with, Shelley, who Audrey absolutely adores. The studio was hoppin that afternoon but Audrey didn’t bat an eye. She lined up with all the little girls, put her hands daintily above her head, popped up on her little twinkle toes and danced right in!



She really had a great time and was so excited to go back this week. I got a phone call earlier in the week from the director asking if we could possibly change our time to 3 instead of 3:45. They had decided to split the class into 3 and 4 year olds since there were so many girls. I of course didn’t have a reason that we couldn’t make the 3:00 so I obliged. The good thing is that now there are only 6 little girls in her class so the instructor can get to know them all more closely. The sad thing is all our friends are still in the 3:45 class since most of our friends are teachers and Shelley doesn’t get out of school until 3 :(


She still enjoyed her class today though and didn’t even mention the fact that her little friends weren’t there and that Shelley wasn’t her teacher so I guess it doesn’t matter to her. And as long as she enjoys it, that’s all that matters!


Audrey is the one right behind the teacher
(and yes, the teacher is expecting. she is due
in october and how she can still move like that
is beyond me!)


By the way, I’ve had a few people tell me they were having trouble commenting. I think that when you click on comment and it takes you to the comment box and once you have selected your id and then wrote your comment and clicked on the post button, it brings up a preview of your comment so you have to click on the post button again. That can be confusing because it looks like your comment has posted but you have to click post twice. Make sense? Not to me either really but try it out any way :) Maybe I’ve helped.

3 comments:

  1. How adoreable are the photos of her facial expressions~ I mean seriously!

    She is a beautiful ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to mash tiny dancer in half, please. Thanks. Oh, and you're so right...that's one super cute baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beck, it’s hard not to mash her. I know I may be her mother but my word she has to be the cutest little ballerina in the whole wide world. :)

    ReplyDelete