Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Long Pause

Sorry for the absence lately. It seems I just can’t find the time to squeeze in blogging lately but I will try to update more frequently in the future*cough* Moving on. I have lots of blog ideas through out the day, just no creativity to put them down in readable format so I will just give a quick run down of the goings on of late in Cairo:



Audrey started Ballet (technically creative movement) class last Thursday. She was todiefor adorable in her little leotard and slippers and of course when I pulled the camera out of the bag at the studio, the battery was dead. So, pictures to come later on that! She had the best time in class, I think she will really enjoy it. She wasn’t nervous or shy. She participated about 85% of the time and the other 15% she spent following the 2 dance instructors around chattering their heads off!



James and Audrey had a dentist appointment last Thursday morning in Tallahassee and Sis. Juanita graciously kept Olivia for me. When we got to the dentist’s office, I found out I was an entire week early for the appointment. Now, I like to be early for stuff but that’s going a little too far. However, they were really sweet about it and worked us in on the spot. Just another reason I like those doctor’s so much and don’t mind driving 30+ miles. Audrey jumped right in the chair and held her mouth wide open this time! She did have to hold my hand the whole time but that’s ok! Neither of them had cavities so woohoo for Mama!!!



We’ve started our chore charts and quarter rewards. It’s going.......ok. Sunday afternoon we took down their piggy banks and counted their monies. James had $3 worth of quarters and Audrey only had $1.50. Hhmmm, smells suspicious to me. I KNOW James Bryant did not do $3 worth of work. He must of found some laying around the house! I made them save some (trying hard here people) and let them each have $1 to go with. They had the best time picking out what they wanted and I was encouraged that they understood they could only get one thing. It was a fun trip. My hope is that they remember what it felt like to have money to buy what they wanted so they will clean up better. Ha!


The twins still love to “make with me” (Audrey loving it the most) and I’ve been letting them help me in the kitchen every day. Sometimes is just making their sandwiched for lunch or trying a new recipe, like in the above picture we were making chocolate covered frozen banana’s and that would be a butter knife James is using! Or they help me make supper. Makes supper a little late getting to the table sometimes but again, that’s ok!



Last week, James came real close to total isolation for the rest of his life. One morning while I was trying to insert an sd card into the computer and it would not go in, I realized someone had shoved a dime in the hole. I then understood why I thought I had heard a rattling sound when I had picked up the computer. Upon further investigation I came to the conclusion that some one had been shoving money into the “holes” on the sides of the very expensive laptop. Of course I asked who had done it but I already knew who the guilty party was: James. (one day I will have to blog about how trouble just seems to find that boy!) Long story short: Jon was able to get all the money out and no permanent damage was done to the computer or to James. Ha, just kidding on that last one!



Olivia Ray just continues to be a joy. She can now roll from stomach to back, push up really tall on her arms and just with in the last 2 days has started smiling just about every time you look at her. She still sleeps excellent during the night going down between 8:30 and 9:30 and sleeping until around 4:00 or so. After she eats that bottle she will go back down until 7:30 or sometimes (if I’m lucky) 8:30 or 9. She doesn’t really sleep all that well or long during the day. Usually just cat naps until around 4 and then she will sleep for about 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs. She goes next Wednesday for her 2 month checkup. Oh and she is getting some thunder thighs on her. SO stinkin adorable!!






p.s my camera is doing something funny and I apologize for the blurry pictures

2 comments:

  1. Great! So enjoy hearing of your "daily activities" around the house, esp. the part when you actually allow the kiddos to help in the kitchen! (wish I could roll back time)

    Olivia Ray is just adorable. So glad you get to be home with her to see all of her little stages!

    Can't wait to see the little ballerina!

    And James! He's just a little boy... Love the James stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I've missed y'all! Thanks for making me smile this morning...and KEEP THAT CAMERA BATTERY CHARGED!
    P.S. Will Olivia ever know me? I'm so sad that we haven't bonded...or even met for that matter...

    ReplyDelete